A photograph I like

 


Hi Friends!

Today I have been asked to tell you about a photo that I like, this is a historical photo from the media, which in its context is very controversial.

El marinero y la enfermera, una de las imágenes más icónicas de la IIGM

This photo was taken by Alfred Eisenstaedt, while walking through Times Square, in celebration of the triumph of the United States in World War II, on August 14, 1945.

The photo shows two people kissing in triumph celebration mode, but why is it controversial?

It turns out that when the photo was published in “Time magazine”, People believed they were a couple that was an act of love, but it turned out that the sailor with the nurse was totally unknown, and even the sailor was drunk and forced the nurse to give him that kiss.

What this image causes me is that it is a fact that today is extremely frowned upon in society, and that was not taken into account before, which is why I find this image very interesting due to the history behind it mainly.

Good friends I hope you liked my post.
See you in the next post
Regards

Comentarios

  1. I had no idea of the history behind that photograph, I agree that today that fact is very frowned upon in front of society things like that should not happen,
    thanks for your blog :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My best work

My holidays

Post 1